Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More New Art and a Sugar Cushion!

First  of  all,  I  want  to thank  Nelly  and  also  Gloria...plus  Judy....  for  helping  me  solve  my comment  issues.   When  I   would  make  the  comment,  I  always  had  to sign into  Google--all  I  had  to  do was  uncheck  the  keep  me signed  in  box  and  it  worked!!   I can  now  leave  comments---thanks  guys!!

So  I  wanted  to  make  a  companion  piece  for  my  pears  that  were  on  my  last  post,   and  this  one  came  together  very  easily--I  pretty  much  followed  the  lead  from  my  first  piece--


...and   I'm  very  happy  with  my 2  new  pieces...


A  Perfect  Pear...and...Apple of  My  Eye

Okay  and  guess what  I  won  from  Kathy?   Yes,  I  won  a  sugar  cushion--

This  is  a  vintage  sugar  bowl  that  has  lost  its  lid--no  worries---Kathy  will  make  you  a  pin  cushion!  How  much  do  you  love  this??!!   Thank  you  Kathy--it  is  now  in  its  new  home  in  my  art  room.  Make  sure  to  go  visit  this  very  talented  lady  HERE.

And  The  Summer of  Color  has  officially  started  over  at  Twinkle  Twinkle.   Kristin  has  given  us  our  color  prompt   for  next  week,  and  the  color  is  blue!  If  you  want  to  join  in...then  get  on  over  THERE.   She  also  has  a  Facebook  page  for  this group  too--which  you  can  visit  HERE.   It's  a  great  way  to  get  your  creative  spirit  going  if  it's  been  on   the  back  burner,  and  also a  way  to  challenge  ourselves  with  using  colors  (or  just  one  color  alone  for  that  matter)  that  we  normally wouldn't  use.  I'm   working  on  my  piece  right  now  as  I  speak!

23 comments:

Cameron said...

Great new pieces! I just love how effortless you make things look....I've told you before how magical I believe you are!

Those fingers, that mind....you are amazing :)

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Oh, yes! The pears deffinetly needed the apple companion. :) And they look smashing together like that. I'm looking forward to party with you on Monday's. :)

Theresa Plas said...

The happy couple! Looking Fabu D! Love the rich colors you're using!

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

They make a perfect set, really love the effect of the print on the fruit. Beautiful pieces

Healing Woman said...

Love, love love your new collages! Also, that sugar pin cushion is great.

Anonymous said...

I just love your new pieces and that sugar bowl is a real prize!

Juls said...

Love this, love the apple and the checker board effect, and your little pin cushion is just divine! Hugs Juls

Lynn Cohen said...

I love your fruit pieces of amazing art! You are so clever and creative and good at what you do!
Yes, cute pin cushion that!

GlorV1 said...

I really like you new fruit pieces. Apple and the pear are great companions. You always do such great work though. Glad you got your comments going and thanks also for the mention. Have a great Wednesday. I'm off to the backyard to plant my new lavender plants in some nice size pots. Take care.

Trixie said...

Welcome to Summer of Color! I can't wait to share with each other our wonderful talents and see what the other is going to do!

Kristin said...

I can't wait to see it! LOVE the seamstress box too - thank you so much for all of your support! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love, love those new peices!! Clever clogs.

Janet Ghio said...

Love your apple and pears and I like the hardware on the top.

Createology said...

Your apple and pear art are just wonderful. I love all the elements you incorporated. Happy displaying...

Connie Schwarz said...

what about bob?

Connie Schwarz said...

what about bob ?

kluless said...

I love the companion painting to the pear. I have been having a ball fooling around with your background technique. I am to the part where you said you started to have a plan only I don't - LOL!
Thank you for the shout-out about the sugarcushion. I hope you will enjoy it!

Dorthe said...

It is a perfect pair,dear Diane- I love your apple piece and the wonderful colors ,they are gorgeus.
xox,Dorthe

Buffy said...

Love the apple piece,they go so well together. I hope they get sold together. And that pin cushion is adorable. I'm going to check out the links now,thanks.

Emelie said...

It is hard to say which I like the most, they just get one's attention so quickly and keep it.

What a beautiful pin cushion and a great idea, I have a lot of those suger bowls around because I always put just a few flowers in them for the table.

Your work does have a special glow.

Terri Kahrs said...

I'm sooooo happy that I had a chance to stop by . . . You're always up to something wonderful! Lucky YOU for winning that beautiful pin cushion too! Sooooo pretty! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Terri xoxo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the pincushion...it's adorable! And your art is wonderful, love the pears! ♥

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I'm happy with your two new pieces, too. Just perfect for a country kitchen with a vintage feel. And that sugar cushion is soooo sweet. :) Glad you cleared up your comment situation. Wish I could solve it now for my friends who don't have blogs and now can't leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails