Saturday, October 3, 2015

Painting Furniture

I  haven't  done  this  in  a  while,  but  when  I  saw  this  table  at  the  Springfield  flea  market  a  couple  of  weeks  ago,  ideas started  going  through  my  head--






I   forgot  how  fun  it  was  to  transform  a  plain  piece  of  furniture  into a one  of  a  kind  art  piece.

Luckily  I  picked  up  a  bench  too  at  the  flea  market--and,  as  you  can  see,  I  knew  exactly  what  I  could  do  with  it--


.......with  my  sketches  on  it-- a  neighborhood--


......of  fun  houses.....


And  then  I  did  what  I  always  do--used  my  art  for  some  new  art--





All  of  this  is  going  with  me  next  weekend  for  my  show--Christmas  in  the  Woods  in  Columbiana,  Ohio--very  fun--love  this  show!

3 comments:

Chris Lally said...

What fun! How beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the great idea / great photos.

Sherry Perez said...

Love the painted furniture! So whimsical and fun. Thanks for sharing.
Sherry Perez

Autumn Leaves said...

Diane, such beautiful work - always. I'm left in dire want. LoL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails