Saturday, January 14, 2017

New Workshop for 2017

I'll  be  back  teaching  again  in  Mayville, NY in September  at  Art Retreat at the Lake .   It's  a  ways  away  but  this  is  the  time  of  the  year  when  I  can  take  my  time  creating  and  planning  for  the  workshop,  being  not  bogged  down  with  shows  and  life  in general.    This  year  I'll  be  teaching  for  2  days  again  starting  out  with  what  else--but  painting  papers--it's  the  best  way  for  me  to  show  everyone  how  to  warm  up  and  get  those  creative  juices  going.


painting  and  using  our  gelli  plates

and  texturing  papers  with  a  Sizzix.   I  got  my  Sizzix  a  few  years  ago,  and  haven't  touched  it  in  a  while,  so  I  decided  to  make  some  embossed  papers  with  it  and  then  paint  them--


...they  turned  out  great!

We'll  also  be  embossing  metal  (which  is  so  fun  to do).  Here's  what  we'll  be  making  with  it--


And  we'll  also  be  taking  everything  that we  learned  to  make  this  piece--


.....painted  papers,  textured  papers,  embossed  metal,  plus  added  molding paste  and  embellishments  for  even  more  dimension....

---very  excited  to  teach  these  2  projects...

And  another  thing  that  I'm  excited  about  is  being  a  part  of  the  2017  DecoArt  Media  Design  Team


You  can  meet  all  of  the  talented  and  diverse  artists  HERE--such  a  thrill  for  me  to  be  included  in  this  group!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails