Saturday, November 5, 2016

Faces From the Past


 I  do  this  a  lot--I like  to  take  my  art  that  I've  made  in  the  past  and  add  it  to  brand  new  art.  In  this  case,  I  went  through  my  faces  from  older  art  pieces  and   sketchbooks.   I'll  find  a  face,  and  let  it  help  me decide  on  where  I  want  to  take  it.


I  print  out  the  face  on  my computer  and  then  I  gather  papers  that  compliment  it,  and  then  put  them  all  together  in  a  collage--




This  next  face  was  from 2013--one  of  my  favorites--



Originally, this  face  was  done  in  pastels,  and  the  poppies  were  created  with  acrylics.  So  I  took  her  face  and  made  a  new  collage--


bringing  in  the brand  new  colors  and  flowers  to  change her  up  a  bit.

And  I  also  like  to  go  through  my  sketchbook  drawings--

  
So  with  these  2  girls,  I  did  something  different.  I  printed  them  out  on  a  dictionary  page--



......and  put  them  on  a  box....


This  is  also  a  great  way  of  taking  your  art  journal  pages  and turning  them  into  art  pieces.  You  can  use  part  of  them  or  mix  them  with  other  pages--the  possibilities  are  endless,  and  always  fun.   Plus  it  helps  to  do  this  when  you're  in  a  bit  of  a  slump--your  old  art  will  help  you  make  some  new  art--I  promise!  :-)

4 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

Aaah but the trick is how do you get the pieces to come together so seamlessly?? I know the one you used dictionary pages but what type of paper did you use to print the other? Just lovely pieces Diane.. Always love to see your work. Hugs! deb

CraftyViolet said...

Very creative use of your original awesome sketches. Love what you do.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is stunning Diane! Such a treat to see this post! Chrisx

thulannguyen said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ website nổi tiếng Mỹ là mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails