Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Paper Mosaic Houses

I'm  always  trying  to  think  of  a  way  to  use  up  my  paper  scraps,  and  this  time  it  was  a  very  fun  way--
I  purchased  these  long  wood  boards  from  Lowes,  and  then  had  my  husband  cut  them  down  into  12  inch  tall  'houses'. 


Now   if  you  don't  have  a  husband  and  don't  know  how  to  do it  yourself,  Lowes  will  do  it  for  you  :-)
 Next,  I  gathered  up  some  of  my  paper  scraps--


This  is  only  a  fraction  of  what  I  have--I  just  didn't  want  to  get  overwhelmed.   And  then  I  just  started  collaging  the  papers on  to  the house--

A lot  of  times,  I  will  just  randomly  adhere  the  papers  on  as  I  find  them,  but  this  time  I  had  a deliberate  plan  in  mind.  I  wanted  it  to  look  like  mosaic  tiles.   And  the  heart  is  a  wood  heart  that  I  glued  down  on  to the  surface  to  give  it  more  dimension.
Next,  I  gathered  my  embellishments--


...and  added  color  to  them  to  make  them  more  cohesive  for  the  piece.  My  finished  house--


start  of  my  next  house--


...and  the  finish--


And  I  kept  going--




Here  is  my  quirky  village--


....all  in  a  row...

This  is  a  great  way  to use  those  paper  scraps  that  you  may  have  and  don't  know  what  to  do  with--any  paper  scraps--or  fabric  scraps  for  that  matter.   Once  you  start,  they  will   make  themselves--which  happened  to  me  in  this  case--they  were  very  fun  to  create!

3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are just adorable! You make art FUN! Hugs!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Theses are wonderful! As ever, I love visiting your blog, just wishing there were more hours in the day!!!

Unknown said...

I am surprise. I try it in my job

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails