Friday, March 29, 2019

Using Maps in Your Art

Maps  can  add great  detail  and  interest  to  your mixed  media  art.   I  love  collecting  them,  and  I kind  of  forgot  about  them,  because  they  are  tucked  away,  but  not  my  atlas  books,  which  I  also  have  a  small obsession  with.  


This  top  one  is  my  favorite,  and  it's  the  same  one  that's  underneath,  which is  just  about  used  up.   So  I  was  happy  to  find  it  again  at  a  thrift  store  last  year  for  10 cents!--just  10 cents!!
My  first  project --


a map box--love  what  the  map  alone  did  for  this  box

I  call  this  my  Home  Sweet  Home  assemblage


And  here's  a  before  shot  of  the  next  one--still  thinking  about  maps--this  time  with  a  globe--


really  happy  with  her!

and  one  more--


another  map  box

Maps  are  so  inexpensive--new  and  old  ones  that you  can  find  in  abundance  at  any  flea  market--if  you've  never  used  them--try  them--they   do  half  the  work  for  you!

1 comment:

DUTA said...

I'm a map fan myself.
The map boxes in your post look lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails