Friday, February 28, 2020

What I Did in February

I'm  having  trouble  updating  this  blog   (since Facebook came  into  the  picture),  so  I'm  trying  a  new  'thing'.  I'm  going  to  post  once  a  month  of  what  I've  been  up  to  creatively.

In  the  first  week  I  had  my  paints  out  and  I  always  get  Spring  fever  this  time  of  year  (if  you  live  in  a  cold  weather  climate,  you  know  what  I'm  talking  about)--so  I  painted  Spring--








Once  I  had  the  paint  out  I  did  what  I  always  do  and  started  playing  with  it.  I  do  that  with  mostly  white  cardstock  (110lb) --I  don't  need   to  think  about  it  and  try  different  techniques--if  I  don't  like  it--it's  just  paper--no  big  deal.


So  with  those  papers and  one  of  my  favorite  surfaces to  work  on  and  repurpose--a  cabinet  door--I  made  some  new  neighborhoods--Love  making  houses--






And at the end of the month I had a request from a poppy lover for 3 different pieces--




These were all started with a layer of collage (text pages) and then I painted over them with acrylics.  I  like  the  texture  the  printed  text  gives  under  the  paint.

In  between  all  of  this,  I've  been  cleaning  and  decluttering  my  art  space  (which  in  my  case,  is  my  whole  house)  and  I  have  been  listing  in  my  Etsy  shop--my  latest  listings--




If  interested,  you  can  find  them  HERE

So  that's  my  art  month  in  a  blog  post.   This is  not  my  favorite  time  of  year--weather wise--I  hate  the cold,  and  I  become  a  hermit,  but   it's  also   in  a  way, my  favorite.   There's  not  a  lot  going  on,  so  I  spend  more  time  in  my  studio,  which  is  definitely  my  happy  place!

3 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wow what wonderful paintings. What a great idea to paint on paper, must try that.

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

Oh HEAVENS! Such a long time away. Blogs are just not how they used to be, Diane. We shared and learned so much together. All is different now with other social media. But i see you didn't give up either ;). and i don't plan to, as i cannot keep everything working all the time, in between life and art. LOVE seeing your work, have always loved your spirit and the beauty you put into your pieces. HAPPY SPRING LOVE. XO

Silkku said...

I love your art 😊

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails