Friday, May 1, 2020

April--Making Lemonade Out of Lemons

So  April  has been  a  stay  at  home  month  for  basically  everyone  in  the  country.  I'm  trying  to  look  at  the  bright  side--it  could  be  much  worse.   The  one  bright  thing  that  happened  to me, in an artsy  way  is  I've  rediscovered  my  art  journal.   I  mentioned  it  in  my  last  blog  post.  I  have  lots  of  journals  such  as  they  are--mostly  sketches  and  ideas  and  clippings  for  art  inspiration.   But  this  latest  one  I've  been  able  to  really take  my  time  and  play.  My  latest  journal  girls--




I  love  them!   And  I've  been  rediscovering  my  art  supplies  that  I  rarely  use  too.   So  someone  on  my  Facebook  page  asked  if  they  were  for  sale, and  I  thought,  why  not,--so  I  printed  them  out  and  mounted  them  on  8 x 10  wood  cradle  boards,  added  color  to them  with  acrylics  to  bring  them  back  to  life  and  ended  up  with  some  nice  art  pieces  that  normally  would  never  have  to  come  to  be  if  it  wasn't  for  what's  been  going  on.   I  made  some  lemonade  :-)


I  also made  more  art  pieces  for  my  summer  shows  that  are  now  canceled  :-(  (But  I'm  hoping  for  the  Fall ones  to  come  through)

I  purchase  these  framed  pictures  that  I  find  at  a  wholesale  craft  warehouse  that  I  go  to--

 and  then  I  repurpose  them--




And  I've  been  running  into  some  great  deals  on  Ebay  on  wood  cigar  boxes--some  more  repurposing--



I  always  love  to  see these  boxes  come to life.

So  the  plan  for  May  was  our  trip  to  Brimfield,  Massachusetts for  the  Brimfield  antique  and  flea  market.   I  call  it  more  of  an  event  than  a  flea  market--it  goes  for  6  days  and  there  are  over  5000  vendors.   I  look  forward  to  this  every year,  unfortunately  not  to  be  this  year.   But  Brimfield  is  making  some  lemonade  too--they're  having  the  Brimfield  flea  market  online  this  year  for  all  6  days  with  live  Facebook  videos,  and  vendors posting  their  items who  want  to  participate--and  just  like  the  actual  Brimfield--there  are  a  lot  of  vendors  participating.  It's  not  the  same  as  going  in  person,  but  right  now  this  is  our  new  normal.

Curious  to  see  what  May  will  bring  with the  country  slowly  opening  up  again--stay  safe  everyone!

5 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, wonderful creations.

Christian said...

Continue sharing such an excellent post. Glad that I found this, Thankyou.

Allison said...

I must say it is very informative blog as well as interesting. Many thanks

Douglas said...

Such clever blog work, Keep doing this kind of post, I support you

Daniela said...

Continue for sharing such a excellent post here. Keep on sharing, Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails