Tuesday, June 2, 2020

May Brought Assemblage, Collage, and More Journaling

While  everything  here  is  very  slowly  opening  up, I'm  still  being  a  bit  of  a  hermit.  I've  ventured  out  a  bit ,  but just  a  bit.   Again,  I'm  so  happy  that  my  art  keeps  me  from  going  a  little  crazy.  So.....what  did  this  month  bring  for  me  creatively?

Well,  since  I  haven't  been  out  to  flea  markets  and  garage  sales,  I've  been  shopping  virtually  and  actually  finding  some  pretty  good  deals  especially  on  Ebay.  I  found  some  great  wood  cigar  boxes,  and  now  I have  more  than  I've  ever  had, so  I  decided  to  take  a  different  direction  with  them.

A  little  assemblage--




I  love  going  through  my  stash  and  making  stories


I  also  like  supporting  small  businesses  which  is  even  more  important now.  I  found  a  favorite  Etsy  shop--the name  of  the  shop  is  Hay Meadow Creek Crafts  where  they  make  plain  wood  shapes--lots  of  different  house  shapes,  which  is  what  I'm  looking  for.  The  2  houses  that  I  used  in  my cigar boxes  was  from  their  shop.


The  pieces  are  all  sanded  and  ready  to go!

I've  also  been  recycling  my  old  art  images  and  making  collages  out  of  them--


The  face  is  a  sketch  I  made  and  I  then  printed  it  out  on  a  dictionary  page,  and  the  sunflowers  are  from  a  painting  I  made  a  few years  ago.

and  another  one...


same  thing--just  with  lilacs  in  mind

And  back  to  my  journal--I  had  lots  of  fun--



I  liked  these  so  much,  I  just  couldn't  shut  them  up  in  a  journal,  so  I  put  them  on  8 x 10  wood  cradle  boards--


And  they're  now  in  my  Etsy  shop  HERE

So,  basically  I've  been  doing  the  same  that  I  have  been  doing  for  the  last  few  months,  but  now  that  Summer  is  coming,  we  might  take  a  few  day  trips  cautiously--we'll  have  to  see.

Stay  safe  everyone!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails