Friday, April 21, 2017

Steps of My Latest Rooster Painting

This  is  just  a  short  post of  my  latest  painting  that  was  SO  much  fun  to  create.   A  few  years  ago  I  had  found  this  wood  board  at  a  flea  market.  It's  20 x 20  with  a  2  inch  raised  edge  on  3  sides--not  exactly  sure  what  it  was  meant  for,  but  for  me,  painting  on  it  was  the  thing  to  do.   My  first  step--


I  painted  the board  with  my  background  colors  adding  and  taking  away  and  a  little  stenciling.  This  is  the  warm-up  part  and  the  most  forgiving,  because  if  you're  not  happy  with  it--just  cover  it  up  with  more  paint.  And  then  I  added  the  row  of  paper  houses  across  the  bottom.

Next  came  my  rooster--


.....the  first  layer...

and  then  some  texture  and  more  collage--



Some  finishing  details  with  some  black  paint  to  define  the  edges  and  add  some  shading--


And  the  completed  piece--


This  piece  came  together  very  easily  for  me--no  struggling  on  this  one--most  likely  because  I  enjoy  painting  on  wood,  and  I  love  painting  roosters!  It's  always  better  when  you're  able to  do  what  you  love  most--whatever  it  is  :-)

3 comments:

Juls said...

Fabulous!!! Love this xx

Leisanne said...

Great work! It's wonderful that you were able to look that board and have a vision for making it splendid again. That is the skill of an artist!

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Awesome painting. Thanks for sharing.
Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails