Friday, February 16, 2018

Get Inspired

 My  favorite  surface  to  work  on   these  days  is wood.   So  here  is  how all  of  my  latest  art  started  out--

The  long  tall  board  I  bought  at  Lowes --it  started  out  as  an  8ft.  board  and  I  had  my  husband  cut  it  in half  into  the  shape  of  a  house--so  now  I  have  2  house  shaped  boards--very  inexpensive.

So  the  first  thing  I  did  was  find  some  collage  papers  for  it.  I  didn't  paint  any papers this  time.  I  figured  it  was  time  to  use  some of  these thousands  of  scrapbook  papers,  book  pages, maps--you  name  it  that  I  have  been  gathering  all  of  these  years.


and  next  came  the  first  layer--


and  continuing  on--



This  piece  resulted  from  a  class  that  I  took  last  year  at  the  art  retreat  that  I  taught at  also  from  Carrie  Tredo.---she's  a  very  talented  artist,  and  I'm  happy to  say  that  her  and  I  will be  teaching  again  this  September  in  Mayville,  NY  on  beautiful  Lake  Chautauqua  on  Sept.  5-7.  You  can  find  it's  facebook  HERE

and  having  more  fun  with  these  other  wood  pieces--


This  is  on  an  8 x 8  deep  edged  cradle  board  inspired  by  Finnabair.  I  found  her  work  years  ago,  and  immediately  fell  in  love  with  this  dimensional  style  of  art-making. 

and  here's  the  rest  of  the  story--


And  some  more  creative  playing--



All  of  this  resulted,  I  have  to  say,  from  trying  to  clean  out  my  art  space,  which  kind  of  failed  miserably,  but  not  really,  because  I  kept  finding  all  of  these  'supplies'  that  helped  bring  these pieces  together  and  gave  me  some  great  inspiration.  You  should  try  this  too--if  you  happen  to  be  in  a  slump--'clean'--it  has  its  benefits!

2 comments:

Createology said...

Your blog post caught my eye and I like your paper and wood creations. Dream Girl is lovely and the blue heart is BLUEtiful. Creattive Bliss...<3

Katrina said...

Υπέροχες δημιουργίες!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails