Friday, January 25, 2013

Home Sweet Home--Assemblage Style

I  get  bored  easily,  and  that's  why  I  like  to  switch  up  things  all  the  time.   And,  in  the  meantime,  I've  been  attempting  to  'de-clutter'  my  art  spaces  (which  are  in  every  nook  and  cranny  of  this  house),  which  made  me  want  to  start  making  some  3D  collages.   And  this  is  the  only  real  time  of  the  year  where  I  can  really  get  detailed  with  them.   So  as  I'm  TRYING  to  clean,  I'm  also  gathering  little  goodies  for  my  art  pieces  to  come  together--a  lot  of  things  I  even  forgot  that  I  had.
 
Here  was  my  first  little  pile  that  was  helping  me  put  my  story  together--
 
 
 
This  is  how  I  make  these  assemblages--I  find  things  that  kind  of  speak  to  me  for  what  I  want  to  do--some  I  end  up  using  and  some  I  don't,  and  some  I  haven't  found  yet,  but  I  will  as  the  piece  comes  together.....
 
 
 
I  bought  a  bunch  of  these  post  office  doors   on  Ebay  from  the  same  seller--and  I  got  a  pretty  good  deal--they're  not  that  easy  for  me  to  find--I  was  really  happy  and  surprised  when  I  won  the  bid.
 
And  this  post  office  door  turned  into  a  little  house--
 
 
 
...with  all  the  fun  little  details--
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
My  second  pile  of  finds  still  kept  me  going  with  the  home  theme--
 
 
 
Now  most  of  these  items  were  bought  from  a  store  or  online  somewhere--but  still  good  finds.   And  these  finds  led  me  to  my  bird's  home--
 
 
 
In  this  case,  the  scrapbook  paper  in  the  background--'told'  me  what  to  do--
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These  pieces  can  become  very time-consuming--not  so  much  the  assembling  part--but  the  search  for  the  pieces  can  go  on  for  hours--yeah--I  have  that  much  stuff  that  I've  accumulated--I  kind  of  get  lost  in  the  hunt---I  enjoy  it  as  much  as  I  enjoy  bringing  the  piece  together!

14 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Oh you have such a way with it. Love those PO doors. Thanks for sharing your process.

Kim Mailhot said...

So many goodies all brought together brilliantly ! These are so amazing, Diane !

Teresa Carini said...

That beautiful works! inspired me to create a job!

Janet Ghio said...

I love seeing all the details that you can't see on FB.

DVArtist said...

You are so talented putting all these items together in such an artistic way.
Nicole/Beadwright

jinxxxygirl said...

Love to see your process! You inspire me!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Ow wow...this is stunning Diane!
Your pieces are so inventive...and the looks are lovely!!!
Brilliant...love this kind of art...

Have a nice weekend, Alie :-)

Kathy said...

Diane, this is beautiful inspiration! I have a wooden box with compartments that I bought months ago with a shadowbox in mind. I primed it and sat it down on the floor and haven't moved it since. This post reminded me I want to get back to that project.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic labor of love! thanks for sharing some of your process work and the thinking that goes into it. I adore the post office box doors!! I love those and the index card boxes from libraries.
~Dawn

Martina said...

This pieces are just brilliant, fantastic, totally awesome, wow, what more can I say. Love them!

Lovey said...

Absolutely wonderful...

Pam McKnight said...

These are right up my alley! Luv em! Pam

Lynn Cohen said...

Your art is so beautiful. I love hearing how you find the bits and pieces! They all belong in magazines and books!

Marlynn said...

You are just such a wonderful artist and I love the way you wove this together. I believe I said how much I loved your creation on Facebook. Keep on cleaning! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails