Thursday, March 17, 2016

Spring Cleaning= New Assemblage Art

This  is  what  happens  when  I  go  to  clean  my  studio--I  get  side-tracked--I  get  inspired--which  is  a  good  thing.

I  have  lots  of  gallery  canvases,  and  when  reversed,  make  great  shadowboxes--


the  house  I  found when  cleaning--it  fit  perfectly  into  the  6 x 12 canvas.  I   covered  it  with  scrapbook  paper  as  well  as  the  canvas.   And  then  added  the  wonderful  rusty  hardware  from  my  'collection'--


the  birds  I  found  on  Etsy--they're  wood  cut-outs  that  I  covered  with  the  scrapbook  paper  again.   It's  fun  making  these--and  the  best  way  is  when  you're  'picking'  up  and  sorting--you  have  all  of  this  inspiration   in  a  big  pile  in  front  of  you  : )

So  keeping the bird and home theme in mind,  I have to admit, I stopped  cleaning  and  started  gathering  items  to  keep  going--


a  mix  of  old  and  new  embellishments,  with  the  help  of   Tim  Holtz  embellishments



......and  an  altered  box--





more  fun  with  the  new  and  the  old--


I  love  giving  a  new  life  to  these  items  that  had  a  former  life,  and  sometimes  have  been  forgotten.   I'll  find  them    searching  through  piles  at  a  flea  market  or  garage  sale,  where  they  possibly   would  have  ended  up  in  the  trash.  

This  is  such  a  fun  way  to  make  art--think  twice  before  you  discard  those  unwanted  items  : )

3 comments:

Charlie said...

I value this article for the well-investigated substance and marvelous wording. I got so connected with this End of lease cleaning home bush | End of lease cleaning Sydney | End of lease cleaning that I couldn't stop examining. I am astonished by your work and skill. Much gratitude to you for such a degree. Regards,

Amit Gupta said...

I personally liked this blog post where I got complete knowledge on cleaning services also found new tips and tricks of cleaning and you can also check out House cleaning services in Indore keep sharing more new blogs like this.

Nakodadcs Services said...

Thank you for sharing very helpful information and check this best services for house cleaning services in jamshedpur and keep post more blogs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails