Wednesday, March 6, 2019

New Painting With a Limited Palette

Here  is  my  limited  color  palette--


Yes, that's limited  for  me.    I  usually  have a  whole  array  of  colors  in  front  of  me  to  choose  from.  But  this  time  I  didn't,  and  here's  what  I  ended  up  with--


And  backing  up  a  bit--here's  the  first  layer--


and  the  next  coat--



I  could  have  kept  going,  but I  was  happy.   It's amazing  how  many  shades  can  come  out  of  a  few  bottles  of  paint,  and  when  you  restrict  yourself,  it  won't  be  so  overwhelming  like  it  could  be  if  you  have  a  whole  table  full  of  paint  in  front  of  you!

1 comment:

Jack said...

It is a perfectly composed article. I have bookmarked your blog to stay updated with your latest writings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails